October 15, 2009

I could sleep forever these days, 'cause in my dreams I see you again

Except I can't actually "see you again" right now because I can't get any freaking sleep. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. My already shaky mental sanity is seriously on the highway to the danger zone (can you believe I master Top Gun references even at 4:37am? I'm really great).

Insomnia sucks. It really does. You want to sleep, you have the opportunity to sleep, there's no one to keep you from sleeping (even the Facebook chat has been deserted), so you turn off the light, lay in bed, start counting sheep (I personally prefer to count squirrels, but that's just me), think of world peace, body lotion, jazz music and other soothing things, and... nothing. Nothing but sleeplessness. It's like you're beating the odds but you get no reward for it whatsoever.

The worst thing is, I'm writing this and wandering on the Internet like a lost soul, but there are so many profitable things I could be doing instead!
Let's make a list (I bet you totally saw that one coming--you're really great too). I could make the most of my vampiric sleep schedule by...

1. Working
That's what Batman would do.

2. Working out
Just not going to happen. Like, not now, not ever.

3. Catching up on TV shows
Except I"m used to do that during the day whenever I feel lazy.

4. Writing my masterpiece novel who will bring me fame and respect. And money
Because writing about writing it is not going to do it.

5. Updating my Facebook status
Uh oh

6. Painting my nails
But what happens if I manage to fall asleep before the nail polish dries?

7. Fighting crime
Too bad my superhero attire is in the wash. Plus, I got a run in my tights yesterday.

8. Drunk dialing
Too bad I'm not drunk.

9. Getting drunk
It's beer for breakfast!

10. Sleeping
Word.

Now it's 5:39am, the list is done and I'm still not sleeping. Instead I'm listening to Gotta Have You by The Weepies and dedicating it to my long lost love, Sleep:

No amount of coffee, no amount of crying
No amount of whiskey, no amount of wine
No, nothing else will do
I've gotta have you, I've gotta have you

Before I finally turn on the computer and try to get at least 2 hours of cell rejuvenation, I must tell you about this website. It's a lifetime in pictures, it's very touching and you have to see it. More details on the wikipedia page of the artist.
I highly recommend it: humanity at its most simple and yet at its best.

Now that I've spread enough sunshine (get it? I'm so funny when I don't sleep), it's time to go and find Morpheus.







Oops, wrong guy


1 comment:

  1. Mdr Morpheus! Je vois que tes pb d'isomnies ne sont toujours pas résolus...Un truc qui marche super pour moi c'est de lire des cours ou des oeuvres au programme au lit...tout d'un coup l'envie de dormir devient irrésistible...alors que j'ai encore du boulot à faire!lol Moi mon pb c'est de pas travailler assez...chacun ses pb! lol
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete